Set out below is the Guildford Society Local Plan Submission made on 19th September 2014.
The full (rather large) submission includes the previous representations made to the earlier consultations:
20140915_GSOC_LPResponse_FINAL-full (ca 55Mb)
This is made up of:
Site by Site Analysis
Sustainability Appraisal Responses (Jan 2013)
Issues and Options Response
Strategic Housing Market Assessment
Guildford Society Population Analysis
Guildford Society Analysis of Middle and Lower Super Output Areas
The response is substantial and follows a major consultation exercise by the Guildford Society where six public meetings have been held and the Guildford Society approach and views have been explained. Not everything in the response is likely to please everyone but the intention is to be as objective as possible whilst trying to ensure the outcome is the best the can be achieved for Guildford.
Julian D S Lyon MBA FRICS
18th September 2014
At the Guildford Society’s sixth talk on the Local Plan, the Guildford Society discussed its draft representations for the Local Plan.
These are set out below:
Main Document (including Appendices 1-3)
20140915_GSOC_Response_to_ConsultationDraftLocalPlan_DRAFT4a (ca 2.3Mb)
- Answers to Questionnaire in the format provided by Guildford Borough Council (contained in the body of this response)
- Policy-by-Policy comments on the Consultation Draft Local Plan (‘the Draft Plan’) (contained in the body of this response)
- Schedule of specific responses to a selection of the site-specific policies (contained in Annex 1 of this response)
- The Guildford Society LSOA Land Uses and Statistics Report (Contained in Annex 6 of this response)
- Paper on the discrepancies between the SHLAA and the Draft Plan (contained in Appendix 1 of this response)
- Copy of Guildford Vision Group response to the Sustainability Appraisal (22nd January 2013) (contained in Annex 2 of this response)
- Copy of Response to Issues and Options Consultation (29th November 2013) (contained in Annex 3 of this response)
- Copy of Response to the Draft SHMA (20th February 2014) and Population Analysis since which time no meaningful amended SHMA has been forthcoming (‘the Draft SHMA’) (contained in Annexes 4 and 5 of this response)
- A suite of Position Papers prepared (and as yet unpublished) by the Design & Heritage Group of the Guildford Society (contained in Appendix 2 of this response)
- A summary of the background and constitution of the Guildford Society (to be contained in Appendix 3 of this response)
Annex 1: 20140912_Site-by-Site_Response_DFT4 (ca 4Mb)
Annex 2: 20130122_ScopingDocument-Response_GVG
Annex 3: 20131129_GSoc_LOCALPLAN_CoverLetter
20131128_GSoc_LOCALPLAN_Submission (ca 23Mb)
Annexes 4 & 5: 20140220_LTR_CarolHumphrey-SHMA
Annex 6: 20140904_LandUses-MSOA-LSOA_FINAL (ca 21Mb)
This set of documents will be finalised following feedback from the Guildford Society Meeting and a copy of the submission will be posted in a new post on this site and on the Guildford Society website.
JULIAN D S LYON MBA FRICS
Having criticised the absence of core data for individual areas in the Borough, here is a summary of the demographics and multiple deprivation indices for each so-called Lower Super Output Area across the Borough.
The file is around 20Mb but it does contain a lot of data!
The Guildford Society will be including it as part of its response to the Draft Local Plan.